Monday, November 5, 2012

Where do you go?

When I said they probably had a big job waiting for me when I got back, I was thinking something along the lines of another cult infestation, or maybe something a little bigger. Maybe it will wind up spiraling out into a complicated, sticky situation, but it ALWAYS starts simple. "Help these guys plan an assault on this cultist base." "Help these people figure out what's going on with the town's population." "Do this seemingly menial task that's going to take three weeks longer than planned."

It's been years since I've been assigned to a proper assassination. The last one I did was before I joined this organization, even before I got Tommy roped up with those shady Doctors.

And even then, I knew who I was looking for, or what I was up against. This one, not so much.

So here's what I know: we had a base in western Texas.

Had. Apparently, it's gone now.

And it's gone in such a way that the higher-ups have no idea what happened to them. One day their reports stopped coming in, and when they sent in scouts to investigate everybody was gone. What tipped the bosses off to the fact that they didn't all pack up and leave was the fact that out of the five or so scouts they sent in, only one came back, and he was apparently so far gone that they couldn't get much of anything out of him.

All the guy could say was that there were monsters in the desert, and that one of them ate everybody.

I'm incredibly worried that I'm going to be dealing with a big one here, but the bosses are adamant that the culprit isn't anything beyond my abilities to handle.

So I have to go to Texas, find something that wiped out a base and a group of scouts that we know next to nothing about, and then kill it, whatever it might turn out to be.

I think I'm going to have to gather up some supplies for this one. Seriously worried about living through these next few weeks.

- Have a Nice Day

1 comment:

  1. The desert makes me think it's Mommy Snake and her Lillim babies. I seem to recall reports of anthrophagey among their kind. I suppose it's possible that there's enough "water" out there the monster could be a highly mutated Camper but they've never seemed to like dry places. Other than the Rake or possibly an odd construction of the Newborn I can't think of anything that would be described as *A* monster rather than a group of monsters that is prone to eating people. Maybe an oddly mutated Drone now that I think about it. Lots of bugs in the desert. You might want to bring some Raid just in case.

    ReplyDelete