Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun times

So, another small town. I had my worries, I'll admit, but I'll thank whatever lucky stars sent me the job they did.

So this place is a recruitment outpost, and they have been having issues with a weird cult popping up within their boundaries. Now this is an issue for many reasons, but mostly because cult activity means that something wants a foothold in the city, and that would directly affect the jobs of the recruiters here. And since very few of them have had direct combat experience, they called me in to help the ones who DID have experience clean the cult out.

However, I elected to do some digging first. Partly because it's nice to know what you're trying to clean out but mostly because it takes a while and it keeps the return to Chicago that much farther away. Through this digging, I learned that the cult called themselves "The Awaiters of the New End," and that they were pretty much indistinguishable from the dozens of other Newborn-centric cults out there.

I also learned that they were relatively small still, and meeting in a building with few windows, and on the basement level, no less. So one night, when the group was huddled together for their meeting, I pumped some sleeping gas into the room and had a couple of guys take care of anybody that left the building.

The gas managed to do 90% of the work for me, and after I culled everyone in the room and disposed of the bodies I found this nice little Newborn seed that the cultists were keeping in a wooden box. They probably wanted to unleash it somewhere in the city once they got enough people to attempt it. They're not the first to think of doing that, and I really doubt they'll be the last.

Anyway, the outpost wants nothing to do with the seed, so they gave it to me to dispose of. I really, really do not want to mess with the Newborn right now, so I petitioned the bosses to let me drop it off in Chicago and let those knuckleheads use it however they wish. More than likely the request won't go through, and I'll have to think of another way to dispose of it.

But regardless of their choice, I have to head back north to Chicago. I am not looking forward to this.

- Have a Nice Day

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to disposal thermite worked for the one that infested my old computer. And it's easy to make with commonly available substances with no chance of it going off unintentionally. Well, barring the Brute or Burning Bride manifesting. No doubt they could get up to temp easily enough. Just make sure it can't move before igniting. Something running around covered in molten metal igniting anything it touches is not fun.

    ReplyDelete