Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Worried Shout of Light and Grace

I honestly do not know what to do anymore.

So since the Towerborn fled into the Newborn, my options are reduced to 1) Run around the desert, risking dehydration and assault by Camper/Timberwolves, or 2) Stay here and wait for something to happen.

I picked the latter, of course, and my new seed-eating friend spends his days on the roof, watching the desert, I guess.

So I went back to the usual routine of staying awake and watching for anything unusual and sleeping for a few hours at a time. I figured the birdman would see any suspicious characters and warn me if I was asleep.

So imagine my surprise when I wake up from a nap to discover that there's a hole to the Tower in the kitchen, and the metal abomination has found my box of goodies and is busy devouring my acid-thrower.

And it's clearly an abomination now. The Oathbreaker coat it wore is shredded beyond recognition, and it no longer bears any resemblance to the man it once was. Both eyes were replaced by flat lenses, the top of its head was covered in a silver metal of some kind, and wires trailed down from there to the small of his back, connecting to various ports under the ribcage, which could now be seen through a mass of machinery. Its heart was still in place, as were its lungs, but the rest was either gone or obscured by the bulk of metal over its body.

First, I tried charging it with my cane, hoping it would work like last time. However, all I ended up doing was getting myself swatted into the wall like a fly. It advanced towards me, the pistons and servos in its legs hissing and grinding as it approached, when one of birdman's vultures flew in and started attacking it. I sat, dazed from being thrown into a fucking wall, and watched as two more vultures joined in the fray. I don't know how three birds could fight a metal monstrosity, or what they could do to hurt it, but they somehow managed to force it to retreat back into the hole it came out of.

Birdman thinks it's trying to accelerate it's growth, and I could not care less what it's trying to do, since it ATE my most effective weapon. Those things are not cheap.

He also wants to make a plan of some sort. I guess I'll hear the feathered freak out, since I have nothing better to work with at the moment.

- Have a Nice Day

No comments:

Post a Comment